Joseph C. McGinley, MD, PhD
Musculoskeletal Intervention & Sports Medicine Physician
CEO | Founder
Dr. Joseph C. McGinley is a board-certified diagnostic radiologist practicing in Casper, Wyoming. He has extensive training in musculoskeletal radiology and sports medicine with a special emphasis in non-surgical treatment of sports injuries. As a radiologist, he has first-hand knowledge of treatments and developed novel solutions, including several patents for devices and procedures. In 2020, he started his own clinic focusing on patient-centered orthopedic care in The McGinley Clinic, located in downtown Casper, WY. He has a list of awards and honors. He has published in major publications in musculoskeletal imaging and orthopedic medicine and presented at over 50 conferences.
Dr. McGinley holds a Bachelor's and Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering and a PhD in Physiology from Temple University. After medical school at Temple University, Dr. McGinley completed both his residency and fellowship at Stanford University. Dr. McGinley held an adjunct clinical instructor appointment at Stanford University in the Department of Radiology and is currently a clinical instructor at University of Washington. He has taught courses in physiology, mechanical engineering, engineering economic analysis and computer aided design. He is pleased to now offer courses on his own procedures and treatments through his medical education company, McGinley Education Innovations, LLC.
Dr. McGinley is also the Founder and CEO of McGinley Orthopedics, a company that designs, develops, markets and sells orthopedic medical devices. The company’s flagship product, the IntelliSense Drill®, is being used by surgeons across the US and around the world. The company recently released The Lever Action Plate System® which features unique beam technology for aligning distal radius fractures. He is also the President and CEO of McGinley Manufacturing, a custom machine and fabrication shop with a fully integrated engineering team. He holds over 130 design and utility patents.
He is a graduate of Leadership Wyoming, actively involved in the Radiology Leadership Institute and a political activist on behalf of the American College of Radiology. Dr. McGinley is a past member of Board of Directors for Constellation Inc. He is also a Past President of the Wyoming and Natrona County Medical Societies. Outside of Wyoming he is part of the President’s Advisory Committee for Temple University and a Board of Visitors member at Temple University College of Engineering.
Currently, he resides with his wife and young son in Wyoming and enjoys numerous outdoor activities including hiking, cross-country skiing and biking. Dr. McGinley is a competitive adventure racer, mountaineer and tri-athlete. He has completed 7 successful swims from Alcatraz Island in the cold waters of the San Francisco Bay. Dr. McGinley has successfully climbed four of the “Seven Summits” representing the highest mountain peaks on the seven continents. He has competed in 5 world class adventure races each 350-400 miles, including the 2017 World Championship.
• Founder | CEO – The McGinley Clinic, October 2020 - Current
• Partner – Casper Medical Imaging, Casper, WY, July 2010 – September 2020
• Founder | CEO – McGinley Orthopedics, LLC, McGinley Engineered Solutions, LLC, McGinley Education Innovations, LLC, 2012 - Current
• President – McGinley Manufacturing, 2015 - Current
• Clinical Instructor – University of Washington, Seattle, WA – Dept of Radiology, 2011 - Current
• ACR RADPAC and Radiology Advocacy Network Representative for Wyoming, 2010 - Current
• Radiologist – Palo Alto Veterans Administration Hospital, Palo Alto, CA, July 2009 - June 2010
• Radiologist – Affiliates in Imaging, Oakland, CA, July 2009 – June 2010
• Instructor of Physiology – Falcon Physician Reviews, 2005 - 2006
• Adjunct Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Temple University, 1997 – 2002
BS - Temple University of Engineering, Philadelphia, PA
MS - Temple University School of Engineering, Philadelphia, PA
M.D. - Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
Ph.D. - Cardiovascular Physiology – Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
Internship - Internal Medicine – Transitional, Crozer-Chester Medical Center, Upland, PA
Residency - Radiology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA
Fellowship - Musculoskeletal & Cardiovascular Imaging, Stanford University, Stanford, CA
Community & Professional Involvement
• Board of Visitors – Temple University College of Engineering – October 2016 - Current
• Temple University Leadership Council - 2017- Current
• Board of Directors – Constellation Inc., March 2017 – March 2021
• Past President – Wyoming Medical Society – July 2017 - June 2018
• Past President – Natrona County Medical Society – July 2014 - June 2018
• Board of Trustees – Wyoming Medical Society – 2013 - 2019
• ENDOW Advisory Committee – 2017 - 2019
• Leadership Wyoming – Class of 2013
• Radiology Leadership Institute – July 2012 - Current
• Ringside Physician – USA Boxing, Kickdown MMA – 2010 - Current
• Journal Reviewer – Skeletal Radiology, Europe J of General Practice, Clinical Medicine and Research
• Advisor for engineering students - 1997 – current, Research advisor in orthopedics – 1996 - Present
• Competitive outdoor sports: Professional Adventure Racing, Ironman, Marathon, Mountaineering